All un-activated accounts should be activated now.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
:(
After many years of playing on the piece of crap computer I have, i finally hop on to amazon and order a graphics card.
My computer is really old too.
Dell Dimension 3100

It was a GT 620
has the physx feature which looks pretty neat-o on games that have it
can basically run any game, although some might lag on high settings but as long as it is runnable i'm fine with it
it was also 50$ which i thought was a steal

BUT

After I got it in the mail, i tried plugging it in, and
IT DIDN'T FIT

I looked up my PCI bus type which was 1.0
HECK
didn't really matter what bus type the gfx card had because it wouldn't fit into the PCI port

Now i'll probly have to get a more modern computer
but I'll have to wait until im financially independent because my parents sure as hell won't buy one

Sad((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((
aww man kneegrow i'm sorry to hear i payed like $250 for my laptop i can suggest you can look around on a site called geeks.com that's where i got my laptop geeks.com sells laptops desktops and other computer parts as well
(08-01-2013, 11:33 AM)KneeGrow Wrote: After many years of playing on the piece of crap computer I have, i finally hop on to amazon and order a graphics card.
My computer is really old too.
Dell Dimension 3100

It was a GT 620
has the physx feature which looks pretty neat-o on games that have it
can basically run any game, although some might lag on high settings but as long as it is runnable i'm fine with it
it was also 50$ which i thought was a steal

BUT

After I got it in the mail, i tried plugging it in, and
IT DIDN'T FIT

I looked up my PCI bus type which was 1.0
HECK
didn't really matter what bus type the gfx card had because it wouldn't fit into the PCI port

Now i'll probly have to get a more modern computer
but I'll have to wait until im financially independent because my parents sure as hell won't buy one

Sad((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((

PCI 1.0 and 2.0 are night and day difference. Even if it did fit, it would be too damn slow for graphics usage.

TBH you can build yourself a new computer for under 400-500 bucks depending on what you wanna put in it, even less if you go with a more affordable set up. Since you already have a graphics card you can scratch that off your list, all you need is a motherboard, ram, a processor, new hard drive, a case, and a few other odds and ends.

You really should have asked us before you bought anything, I think there's at least four or five people on here who know a thing or two about computers and what to buy, not to buy.
i have a budget of 50$
even the worlds cheapest laptop probly wouldn't satisfy
[Image: tumblr_m9ch9tciVc1qb9fuc.gif]
if you where living close to me i would have brought you my GT 9500 for free...
All you weird European people can contact me over at CLICK HER NOAW if you really need me

Nothing to hide Nothing to fear!

If you want, I can send you one of my old rigs. Quad Core CPU with a GTX 280. Shits just sitting around.

Also kneegrow, If you need help with PCs, I can help you out. I've been in IT for 9 years.

And mouse, Geeks.com is the worst PC hardware site on the planet. Searched for GTX 780, and no results were found. Even amazon has GTX 780s. Pff...